Preston Party of Six

Preston Party of Six

Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 9: One week with Jenna!

This morning our travel group headed out for some more shopping.  Like I said yesterday, the Chinese people love to shop and we got to do more of it today.  I was able to find some things to bring home as gifts, including authentic Chinese dresses.  I cannot wait to see my two girls and my two nieces in them!!! 

Once we got back to the hotel, the girls enjoyed noodles for lunch and then I put Jenna down for a nap.  Thankfully, she barely cried...after about five minutes of fussing, she was out for the count!  Shelby and I did some school work while she napped, but the whole time, in the back of my mind, I was hoping that the phone would NOT ring.  I didn't want to get a call from Miko stating Jenna's TB test was positive.  So I prayed and tried to enjoy time with Shelby...and that is what I did.  We did some school work but also played "Old Maid."  In the midst of this time together, I got quite emotional just looking at my precious daughter...she has been SO AMAZING this entire trip and I have gotten to watch her blossom right in front of my eyes...it's been such a God-thing and brought me to tears today.  We shared a sweet hug and then got back to finishing "Old Maid" before getting Jenna up, who was all smiles and giggles. 

Once 4:00 PM hit, I praised God and breathed a long sigh of relief...NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!  Jenna's TB test was negative, so we can fly home on Friday as planned...praise the Lord!!!

After being sequestered in our room for three hours, we packed up and headed to the outside playground, along with most of our travel group.  Shelby had a ball playing with all the kids, but Jenna completely shut down and didn't want to leave my side at all.  It makes me sad that she is so shy around groups of people, but I pray that will change with time as she feels safer and more confident.  At the same time, I'm thankful she feels safe with me, her momma!



After some playtime, we enjoyed a yummy pizza dinner at Oggi's with a sweet couple and their daughter from South Carolina.  Jenna isn't that into pizza yet, so she enjoyed her first McDonald's Happy Meal with chicken nuggets! 



One of the things this other mom and I talked about was how hard it has been to process and really reflect on all that has taken place this past week.  It's hard to believe that a week ago was our "Gotcha Day" and one week later, my little girl is smiling, laughing, loving bath time and loving playing with her sister, eating like a champ, sleeping like an angel, and bringing so much joy to our lives.  I know there is A LOT for me to think about and reflect on when I have more time and energy (LOL...not sure when that will happen!), but the good news for today is that God has done "immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20)!

No comments:

Post a Comment