Preston Party of Six

Preston Party of Six

Saturday, November 23, 2013

A day of firsts...a day to cherish!

The past 24 hours has simply been a God-thing!  Aside from our sweet Jenna's sheer terror of being stuck in a car seat for 45 minutes from the airport to our house last night, this day has been
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! 

We arrived home last night in the dark so I couldn't see all the beautiful decorations clearly until today.  What a blessing it was to see American flags and sweet signs welcoming our daughter HOME!



 

 
A day to be thankful, a day of many firsts, and certainly a day to cherish.  Jenna's first night and full day in our home, her home.  WOW!  Still so surreal that she is HERE, she is HOME! 

Jenna was quiet as we toured through the house last night and seemed fearful but curious about Sipsey, our old yellow lab.  But once we got up to "the girls" bedroom, she perked up and had fun playing until it was time for her first bath at home, this one with big brother, Andrew.




I was nervous about how bedtime would go, and I prepared myself for some tears.  Sure enough, Jenna cried as I held her in her new bed.  EVERYTHING is new to her...EVERYTHING!  So I prayed and held her and sang "Jesus Loves Me" into her ear, and within about 20 minutes or so, she calmed down and then was sound asleep.  I think I nodded off for a few minutes, too, but got my butt up so I could go cuddle with Andrew and Nathan since I hadn't gotten to do that in two weeks!



Jenna woke up a couple of times in the middle of the night, which is why I'm glad I was just beneath her in the trundle bed...so I just hopped into bed with her to calm her down.  Shelby was up at 4:45 AM, struggling to sleep due to jet lag, so I turned a movie on for her downstairs while I went back to sleep until Jenna woke at 5:45 AM. 


Before long, Nathan was up...


and finally, little Andrew was up.  All FOUR of my sweet children ready to enjoy their first full day together!


Jenna experienced her first southern breakfast made by her Pawpaw.  She enjoyed eggs, bacon, hash browns, and a little bit of toast but did NOT like grits (just like her momma).  I have to admit that I was overjoyed to be able to pour FOUR little cups of milk this morning! : )




The rest of the day was PLAYTIME and full of lots of firsts.  At some point throughout the day, I thought it was so sweet when Nathan made the comment that Jenna is so much smaller than he thought she'd be but also so much cuter!



 








Jenna didn't cry at all when I took her up for her nap, much to my surprise, after some noodles for lunch...I wanted at least ONE thing to be "normal" for her today! : )



There were a couple times today that Jenna threw a typical 2-year-old fit when she didn't get her way, which in all honesty, makes me thankful...thankful that she is developing normally.  There will be plenty more times that I will have to deal with her fits, anger, frustration, or pouting, but for today I chose to embrace the tantrum and be thankful (and hopefully when more happen in the future, I'll remember how I felt today!)

Shelby was super tired by mid-afternoon, her first jet-lag experience.  She was such an amazing trooper and helper for the two weeks in China.  I will never forget the time we got to spend together, and even though she's so tired right now, I know she'd do it all again in a heartbeat!


So as I sit here writing this, all four of my precious babies are sleeping soundly...the boys together in one room (Andrew wanted to be in Nathan's room tonight) and the girls in their room.  Jenna only cried for 5 minutes tonight while I held her and sang to her...I think all the jumping on the trampoline today wore her little body out!

I KNOW that there will be TOUGH days ahead...there are with every child...that's called PARENTING.  But I also know that I have a God who is able to do more than we could ever ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20) and I am choosing to rejoice and be thankful!


"This is the day the LORD has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 119:24

No comments:

Post a Comment