Preston Party of Six

Preston Party of Six

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

America Approved!!!


A few weeks ago, we got our LOA (Letter of Approval) from China, which is a HUGE step in the adoption process.  But then today, we got another "stamp of approval" in this journey to our daughter.  America, specifically the USCIS (United States Center for Immigration Services) approved us to bring Jenna here from China!  Once again, a single piece of paper brings us one step closer to having Jenna HOME...

In the midst of all this waiting, I've been doing some shopping for gifts to give to people in China that we'll have the opportunity to meet, such as guides/translators, the nannies and director at Jenna's orphanage, and Lifeline staff.  And of course I've been shopping for Jenna!  I cannot wait to fill this bag with goodies for her!


Nathan, Shelby, and Andrew are all getting more and more excited to have Jenna home with us, too.  This THRILLS my heart!!!  I try to be realistic with them by discussing how she's going to be afraid for a while, but I'm just so VERY thankful that they have are excited to welcome their little sister into our home and into their hearts.  In fact, I was especially blessed today when I read Nathan's sentences he recently wrote at school.  I have to admit I don't normally read every word of all the worksheets and such that he brings home, but I'm SO VERY thankful I saw this that he wrote...

"My mom knew that when she saw our sister in China that was the one that we were going to adopt."

 
Lord, I feel so blessed.  Thank you for adopting us into Your family and thank You for allowing us the opportunity to adopt a little girl into our family.  Please continue to open Jenna's heart to You, to us, and to love.  AMEN.



No comments:

Post a Comment