Preston Party of Six

Preston Party of Six

Monday, April 1, 2013

Your face

Dear Jenna,

One week ago tonight, your daddy and I saw your precious face for the very first time ever...and since that moment, I haven't stopped thinking about you and praying for you.  It has been an amazing week, full of emotion, excitement, anxiety, and joy!  We told your big brothers and sister about you on our way to see your daddy's parents in North Carolina for Easter.  WOW...they were super excited to finally see your face, too!  A good friend of mine who also has a daughter from China made Shelby and I a necklace with your picture and we are both treasuring it and wearing it proudly!  I am anxious to get the next bit of news of Pre-Approval, meaning we can share our good news about you with all of our family and friends!

I have been super busy this week getting ready for the inaugural RACE for the Orphans 5K that your daddy and I are organizing as a fundraiser to help bring you home!!!  But for us it's more than a fundraiser, as we hope to make it an annual event in our community for Raising Awareness, Compassion, and Education about the needs of orphans around the world.  As of tonight, we have 293 people registered!  We were hoping for 100 and had a goal of 200, but now we're at nearly 300...all we can say is GOD IS AWESOME!!!  We hope we get Pre-Approval before the RACE is held in 12 days so that we can tell all the participants who you are and show them  your beautiful picture!

It is still so surreal for me to believe that I have another daughter thousands of miles away and you don't even have any idea how much you are loved by me and the rest of your FAMILY!!!  We are praying for you and cannot wait until you are HOME with us!

Love, 
Your Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment