Preston Party of Six

Preston Party of Six

Monday, October 7, 2013

Time to Book Flights

This morning as I was shopping for groceries in Walmart, as well as looking for some things to take to China for Jenna (thanks to gift cards from the MOPS baby shower back in May), I got an e-mail message on my phone (yes, I can honestly say I am THRILLED to have taken the plunge to get a Smartphone last year...it's been so helpful in this adoption journey).  I quickly opened the e-mail and much to my delight, it was from Karla at Lifeline saying she had our confirmed "Gotcha Day" (the day we FINALLY get to meet Jenna face-to-face) and Consulate Appointment (CA).  I couldn't believe what I was reading, but all I know is that my surroundings became a blur and I just grinned ear-to-ear with happy tears in my eyes.  WE ARE GOING TO CHINA!!!!! (Here are just a few items ready to pack!)



I immediately forwarded the e-mail to Jason, who was at home working and finished getting necessary items at Walmart.  Thankfully I didn't get a speeding ticket driving home since I was overly excited to get home and send an e-mail to the travel agent to start looking into flights for one month from now!!!  And that is exactly what I did once I got the boatload of groceries and items for our trip to China put away.  I e-mailed Todd, a highly recommended travel agent, in Colorado and within a matter of minutes, he responded requesting pertinent information.  Throughout the afternoon we corresponded but are still waiting on a few details before confirming flights to Guangzhou, China, that will leave either November 7th, 8th, or 9th.  Needless to say, this was a wonderful way to start out a Monday!

Then a few hours later, I got an e-mail from my precious sister in Ohio saying that mom's condo is listed and ready to sell, with someone already wanting to look at it tomorrow.  Tears streamed down my cheeks as I looked at the pictures of her now bare condo on the real estate website.  So many memories were created in that little place...memories I will forever cherish.  I am especially sad that Jenna will never get to meet her Mimi this side of heaven, or be part of all the memories we have from that special place in Dublin, Ohio.  But I am committed to telling our new daughter all about her amazing Mimi and how excited she was to know that we were opening our hearts and home to a child without a family. 

So today was just another example of the roller coaster of life with ups and downs.  I was on cloud nine with the news of our confirmed Gotcha Day and CA, and within hours I was in tears missing my mom as I stared at pictures of her house that will soon be bought by another family.  Thankfully my Heavenly Father loves me through all these ups and downs and can handle these crazy emotions that I feel. 

Lord Jesus, thank You for never changing...You are the one constant in this life and I admit I need that right now with so many emotions swirling in my heart.  I miss my mom with every fiber of my being and at the same time, I cannot wait to have our new daughter in my arms!!!  Please help me to cherish the month ahead as a family of five.  And please continue preparing our hearts to welcome Jenna and open her heart to us, her forever family.  AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment