Preston Party of Six

Preston Party of Six

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Someday


Someday...not always an easy word to hear.

Two months ago today we got PA (Provisional Approval) to adopt He Tong, and today marks 62 days of waiting for LOA (Letter of Approval).  These past two months have felt SUPER long.  I know in my mind that every day has 24 hours, but the 1,344 hours since receiving the news of PA has felt more like 10,000!  And to be honest, I feel discouraged today because there is no end in sight for when we may get our LOA.  The Chinese government is making a lot of changes to their computer systems, the U.S. Consulate is moving locations next month, and we were told we may never find out if the care package I put together for Jenna was given to her since we didn't use an official "service" for delivering care packages.  SO MUCH IS OUT OF OUR CONTROL!  The only things I have "control" over are how quickly I complete the necessary paperwork at each step along this process.  Other than that, we are at the mercy of the Chinese government and ultimately, the Lord's perfect timing.  Thankfully, I trust Him and His timing, though my flesh cries out to speed things up!

Someday...not always an easy word to digest.

As I sit in a hotel today in beautiful Southern California on a VERY RARE trip with Jason (he had a business trip out here and it coincided with all three kids being in N.C. with grandparents for the week), I am encouraged to know that SOMEDAY will come!  I've been reading about other families traveling to China to bring their children home and this brings me encouragement that SOMEDAY will come.  There is a light at the end of this long, winding, stressful tunnel and Jenna Jean Preston will be with us SOMEDAY!

Someday...not always an easy word to surrender to the Lord.

Aside from being in "control" of completing the necessary paperwork for each step of this adoption process, I am also in "control" of how much I decide to surrender to the Lord and how much I decide to worry.  There are SO MANY Bible verses that talk about the battle for our mind and how we must CHOOSE to surrender the worries in our mind unto the One who is in complete control.  One in particular comes to mind today:

"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in you."
Isaiah 26:3
 
Perfect peace...how awesome is that?!?!  But it's only by keeping my mind steadfast on the Lord and trusting in Him that I can achieve perfect peace.  So instead of worrying about the following (just a few concerns weighing heavily on my heart): when our LOA will come, is Jenna being given the lotions I sent in the care package, is Jenna sleeping and eating well, how is Jenna's skin doing, are my biological children ready to have another sibling, am I ready to have a fourth child, and how will Jenna bond and attach to our family...
 
...I must choose to keep my mind steadfast on the Lord.  It's a simple concept but not easy to do.  My mind is often in overdrive, moving from one thing, one activity, one worry, to the next.  Yet when I slow down enough to hear God's voice, I am reminded that He is with Jenna, He is with our family, and He is the author of all of our SOMEDAYS!
 


1 comment:

  1. Galatians 6:9 "and let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not" KJV scripture always encourages people. yet in this verse, God does not tell us WHEN something is going to happen because "due season" isn't specific. waiting is hard. waiting is frustrating. waiting is never fun...but it is necessary. in the waiting is when God does His great work. praying for you.

    ReplyDelete