Preston Party of Six

Preston Party of Six

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Amazing RACE


It's been a while since I've had time to sit down to write, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to share what's been on my heart since the 3rd Annual RACE for the Orphans took place almost a month ago. 

Leading up to RACE day on May 9th, I have to confess that I was nervous about several things...would the weather be good?  would we have enough volunteers?  will we have enough sponsorship money to cover our costs?  will we have a lot of runners and walkers so more money can go to the RACE grant fund?  And on and on and on my concerns went...

Thankfully I have an amazing husband who doesn't worry as much about things.  He kept reminding me that God is in this RACE and He will provide.

And you know what? 

That is EXACTLY what happened! 

In fact, God did more than just provide...He did what only He can do and provided more than I could've ever asked or imagined, just like He promises in Ephesians 3:20...


In my eyes, this truly was the amazing RACE...much better than the hit show on CBS!

God showed up BIG TIME!
  • The weather was great.
  • We had plenty of amazing volunteers.
  • Corporate sponsorship more than doubled from last year's RACE, so all expenses were covered.
  • This was by far the biggest RACE with more than 450 adults and children running and walking to show their support for children in need of forever families.





Due to this great turnout as well as overwhelming support from corporate sponsors and individuals, RACE for the Orphans was able to give $19,500 in grant money to the Williams and Jordan families. 


I was brought to tears several times on RACE day...

Watching our little Jenna run her heart out in the "Tot Trot" race was absolutely awesome. 



Seeing countless hands raised in the air when Jason asked at the start of the race, "If you've been adopted or have adopted a child, please raise your hand" was pure joy.


 
Seeing Wade and Brooke Williams hold their precious baby girl, Olive, who was once in need of a forever family, was priceless.


Watching Mark and Tiffany Jordan run and walk with their "Mia's Minions" Team in honor of their sweet daughter waiting for them in China was amazing.


Hearing John Waller share his family's inspirational adoption story through songs like "Crazy Faith" and "Orphan" was powerful. 


Watching hundreds of runners and walkers make their way around the Fairgrounds on a beautiful May morning when they could've been doing countless other things was absolutely B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!




God taught me several things from this year's RACE, though I admit I still need to work on not worrying about all the details so much.  But one thing I realized more than ever is this truth: when our passions and desires are aligned with God's passions and desires, He will be glorified! 


I absolutely love organizing and directing the RACE (alongside my amazing partner, Jason).  I love watching adoptive families get blessed by the outpouring of support from the community.  I love watching people run and walk to help bring children home to their forever families.  I love seeing people accomplish their goal of finishing their first 5K for such a worthy cause.  I love hearing people share how their hearts have become open to adopt a child and/or more aware of the needs of orphans around the world.  I love seeing God glorified in all of these ways.   

All of this love is from an overflow of my passion for the Lord, adoption, and running.

Our Heavenly Father is crazy in love with His children.  He chooses to adopt us into His family and runs with open arms to lavish His grace on us. 

Simply amazing!




   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly, i would love to have your input on a girl in China who has ichthyosis. My email address is singofhismercies@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete