Preston Party of Six

Preston Party of Six

Sunday, January 27, 2013

AMAZING weekend!

God blessed me with the opportunity to attend my first adoptive mom's conference called Created for Care (www.createdforare.org) this past weekend and WOW...what an AMAZING weekend it was!  I was surrounded by 450 other moms from around the country who have a heart for adoption, for the world, for children in need of a forever family, and most importantly, we all love Jesus!  It was an AMAZING time of worship, reflection, prayer, encouragement and sharing of stories and information.  I got LOTS of information about this new journey that our family is on as we continue waiting for our daughter Jenna to be home with us from China.

I was AMAZED by story after story of moms pouring their lives into children from every part of the world.  I was AMAZED by story after story of moms sacrificing their own wants and needs for the wants and needs of children who had never had their wants or needs met before.  I was AMAZED by story after story of moms who shared so freely about the many ups and downs that come with adoption.  I was AMAZED by the story of a beautiful, grown adoptee who so candidly shared her heart of what it feels like to be adopted.  I was AMAZED by the bond that moms immediately have when they share a heart for children without a family.   But I was especially AMAZED at how AMAZING the Lord truly is...He is good, He is love, and He is faithful!

Jenna...I cannot wait to see your face when we get your referral, I cannot wait to finish all the necessary paperwork so we can get approval to travel to China, I cannot wait to fly on a plane 20+ hours to your country, I cannot wait to meet you face-to-face and hold you in my arms, and I cannot wait to bring you home to your family that will love you forever.  But until the Lord allows all of this to happen, I am trusting Him to watch over you, because He is the God who sees you and loves you!

Jenna...as I type this late at night on January 27, 2012, I am also thinking about my mom, your Mimi that you never had the opportunity to meet this side of heaven.  A few hours from now will mark four months since she want to be with Jesus in heaven and oh, how I miss my mom.  She was the first one I told about our decision to adopt and I know she would have loved to hear all about my amazing weekend.  But as much as I miss her, I am so very thankful she is healed and whole in heaven...and my heart tells me that the Lord has shown my mom who you are and she can't wait until I get to see you, too.  So until that day comes I will continue to entrust you to my AMAZING Heavenly Father!

On a side note...our immigration approval came this weekend, too!  This is AMAZING because we were told it may take 6-8 weeks and we got it in less than 3 weeks.  So now our dossier has to be authenticated and then it will be sent to China...praise the Lord!!!

2 comments:

  1. i am so happy you enjoyed the retreat. to fellowship with other adopted momma's is amazing....good for the soul...uplifting....educational...heart felt....so many emotions. jenna is one lucky little girl...i look forward to sharing this with you.

    see you friday at cny!!!

    fyi: your mom knows exactly what is happening...she's sitting with Jesus patiently waiting for you to meet jenna...i bet she already knows who she is ;) after all she's with Jesus...He knows everything.

    ReplyDelete